A trail that leads to the most picturesque part of the Shar Mountain. It starts with the information board placed before the entry in the village of Bozovce. The trail is spatially divided into two parts. The first part is from the village of Bozovce to Leshnica. The track moves from the right side, above the village of Bozovce and continues as a dirt road. The trail moves onto the southern slope of Sheremetnica and passes through meadows that were once cultivated by the villagers. Descending to Leshnica, the trail enters a belt of beech forest. Here the trail passes through Leshnica, located in the heart of the Shar Mountain and represents the most picturesque spot of Shar Mountain. The second part of the trail continues to Krivoshija or the valley between the second and third Leshnichka Karpa. After passing the River Krivoshiska and going deep into Krivoshija the trail continues to the waterfall. Moving along this path, every step offers a new view of the Leshnichki Karpi and Titov Vrv. An ubiquitous part of this trail are the mountain goats. The trail ends at the Krivoshiski Falls. Visiting this place in the summer is wonderfully refreshing. The trail then continues back along the same road up to the village of Bozovce.
• This trail offers unforgettable landscape views from the very start. Every step reveals a new prospect. On the first part of the trail, you can see the three Leshnichki Karpi and the River Pena valley from the left side. In the background, we have the highest peak of the Shar Mountain range, Titov Vrv.
• The second part of the trail offers beautiful landscapes of Leshnichki Karpi and the River Krivoshija.
The biggest limestone complexes on the Shar Mountain (which is otherwise predominantly a silicate mountain) are located in the region of Leshnica (together with the range Titov Vrv-Bakrdan and Ceripashina). The Leshnica rocks are most famous for the chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra balcanica). Unfortunately, the population of the chamois today is severely
threatened by excessive hunting and poaching. The serious man induced disturbances of the wilderness in these parts of the Shar Mountain led to the extinction of the largest bird in the country – the bearded vulture (Gypaetus barbatus) which used to nest here until twenty odd years ago.
Down the steep slopes of Plat, toward the valley of the River Pena, the only typical spruce woods in Macedonia (Picea abies) develop.
Cultural and historical / characteristic sites:
Leshnica is a place where if you go once, you will want to go back again! A breathtakingly beautiful place, set in the heart of the Shar Mountain range. It is a temple for climbers, a starting point for hiking for the whole middle section of the Shar Mountain range. In order to experience Leshnica in the right light, you need to stay for a few days, go camping, traverse all the mountain trails and see all the big and small hidden sights.
Accommodation and food:
• You can find food and beverages in the private local shops or local coffee houses through the villages. Access to starting and ending points:
• Highway Skopje – Tetovo, 43 km.
• Local road Tetovo – The village of Bozovce, 22 km.