The trail, that we spatially divide into three parts, starts at the information board in the village of Leshok. The first part of the trail starts from the village of Leshok, and after passing the village of Varvara it continues on a dirt road that passes through a beech forest. This part of the trail ends when we go out of the edge of the woods and along the trail line towards Brezjanski Kule. This is the second part of the trail. From here, the trail traverses to the saddle below the place called “Brezjanski Kule”. From this saddle you can climb “Brezjanski Kule”, which actually are silicate rock inclines limited on both sides. The third part of the trail starts from the saddle, and it descends sharply to the picnic area of “Tri Vode”,
and from here, along a wide dirt road, the trail passes Lake Brezjansko and ends in the village of Brezno.
Panoramas and landscapes:
• Along the second part of the track, when you arrive at the springs of the River Leshok, there is a beautiful view of the valley of this river and the lower part of the Pollog valley.
• At the end of the second part of the trail, under the saddle of Brezjanski Kule there is a wonderful view of northern part of the Shar Mountain, the Chaushichki massif with the peaks Peskov, Ezerski Vrv and Gabrovnica, and at the bottom part the River Tearechka Bistrica.
Near the village of Brezno, as well as on the slopes down toward the village of Tearce, there are well preserved forest complexes dominated by sweet chestnut (Castanea sativa). This region holds a tradition of making various sweet chestnut specialties, and each year it organizes an event, the so-called ‘chestnut days’, where it promotes those specialties.
Cultural and historical / characteristic sites:
The village of Leshok is home to the monastery “St. Atanasij”, dating from the 13th century. The frescoes in the church “St. Bogorodica” are part of the unique works of masters of that time. The stream “Studenec” is in the village of Varvara. According to legend, the water from this spring has healing powers. The third part of the trail brings us to “Tri Vode”, a picnic area with many private holiday homes, taking its name from the fact that this place the three largest rivers in the valley merge. At the end of the trail we have the village of Brezno, one of the few villages in Macedonia where we still have traditional architecture. It is worth a stroll along the village streets, to soak up the atmosphere and to photograph the old buildings.
• Complex of monasteries “St. Atanasij”, the village of Leshok (inns and a restaurant).
• The inns of the church “St. Petka”, the village of Varvara. Access to starting and ending points:
• Highway Skopje – Tetovo, 43 km.
• Local road Tetovo – The village of Leshok, 9 km
• Local road Tetovo – The village of Brezno, 17 km.