Name of the trail
- Indication of the acronym of the trail and its ordinal number, and below the acronym there is an inscription of the name of the trail and the starting, middle, and end point.
Positioning – mountain
- Indication of the mountain and the trail’s positioning in relation to north.
- Indication of the location where the trail starts.
Description of the trail
- A brief textual description of the trail. It describes the places and the environment along the trail, from the start to the end point.
Trail difficulty and required level of physical fitness
- The table below provides a graphic presentation of the trails’ difficulty and the required level of physical fitness, as defined by the colour of the stars.
|Trail difficulty||Trail length/duration||Total altitude gain||Required level of fitness||Graphic presentation of the trail difficulty and the required level of physical fitness needed to complete the trail|
|Easy||1 – 5 km/ 0 – 3 hours||10 – 500 meters||Low||☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|Moderate||5 – 10 km / 3 – 6 hours||500 – 1,000 meters||Medium||☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Difficult||10 – 15 km / 6 – 10 hours||1,000 – 1,500 meters||High||☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Advanced||More than 15 km / 10 hours||More than 1,500 meters||Very high||☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
- The total time required to complete the trail, expressed in hours and minutes.
- The length of the trail in one direction, expressed in kilometers.
- The differences of the elevation from the lowest to the highest point of the trail.
Altitude at the start point
- The altitude at the start point of the trail, expressed in meters.
- The altitude at the highest point of the trail, expressed in meters.
Altitude at the end point
- The altitude at the end point of the trail, expressed in meters.
Panoramas and landscapes
A brief textual description of the vantage points, spots that offer particular vistas at specific locations, as well as a description of the locations viewed.
A description, using popular and Latin names, of the specific flora that may be encountered along the trail, or a description of the flora and fauna of the region where the trail passes.
Cultural Historical / Characteristic sites
A brief textual description of the cultural, historical or characteristic localities along the trail or in the vicinity of the trail’s start or end point.
Access to the start and end points
It indicates the regional or local roads to be used to access the start and end points, as well as whether there is a parking lot and if so, its size.
Places of tourist interest
It indicates the sites of tourist interest, which are not located along the trail and can be additionally visited.
Accommodation and food
Listed are facilities, mountain lodges, restaurants and private lodgings that offer B & B services and operate at the time of writing this guide (May 2018).
Public transport to a certain point is indicated (if available), together with the price of the ticket in one direction and the timetable. If there is no public transport, an approximate price of the taxi service is indicated.